This week I decided to tackle our local drug store Walgreens... oh lord... I don't think I realized what I was getting myself into. Apparently all of the "coupon people" know that Walgreens is one of the hardest places to coupon, it's by far the most complex when it comes to using manufacturer coupons, store sales, instant value coupons, coupon booklet savings, and then register rewards... my best analogy is that it's like playing an intense game of Chess, every single move is calculated and complex. Sparing you the complicated details (because honestly I can hardly remember them all myself) I scored BIG. It did require ringing up 7, yes SEVEN separate transactions, carefully calculating which register rewards to apply to the next transaction, a call to a manager who ended up taking over the rest of my check out, and it took me over an hour start to finish but I'm glad I did it. My advice is that Walgreens is definitely worth it in the end if you get all of the pieces to line up right but it will involve the most prep work.
My next stop was to King Soopers to just grab a few things but they happened to have a TON of meat deals and lots of "managers special" (extra discounted) stuff so I got a lot more than I was expecting to.
Alright now for the goods, I got $250 worth of stuff for about $50, that's 80% savings. Pretty awesomesauce ;) especially considering that it's HARD to save big on things like meat.
My "haul" (have I mentioned how hysterical I think it is that the 'coupon people' call their shopping trips hauls? haa)
- 4 12 packs of Cottonelle toilet paper
- 6 bottles of Right Guard mens bodywash
- 9 various packages of razors- Bic, Gillette, and Noxema
- 1 tube of Crest toothpaste
- 1 package of 90 ct. Gum Eez floss picks
- 2 bottle of Comet cleaner
- 1 large box of Sunsations dish detergent
- 1 package of Printables printer paper
- 3 packages of Scotch tape
- 5 boxes of Kelloggs cereal
- 2 packages of beer brauts
- 2 packages of bacon
- 1 package of Oscar Meyer salami
- 2 packages of Jennie O turkey dogs
- 3 packages of Bar S hot dogs
- 2 packages of Pilsbury crescent rolls
- 4 7Up 2 liters
- 1 bottle of ranch dressing
- 1 bottle of Lowrey's marinade
- 2 tubs of Athenos hummus