Well this year I figured it would be interesting to welcome the idea of Lent and challenge ourselves to give up something, like a mini New Years resolution. But just giving up soda or swearing seemed a little trivial so I figured why not use this as a time to really challenge ourselves and do some things that are more meaningful, like a life overhaul.
So here's our Lent list. We each have personal goals that we're shooting for and then we have some family goals to try and accomplish together. We may be biting off more than we can chew but I welcome it and I'm really eager to see how we're doing in the end, I think it will help relieve some stress, clear our minds, and give us some much needed family time.
- Pick one new recipe to make together once a week
- Have dinner at the actual dinner table as a family once a week
- No computers after 6:00 pm
- Hubbs is giving up drinking (oh my gah we'll see how this one goes)
- I am vowing to take HL out to the park or to some activity at least 2 times a week
- And lastly, doubling our "alone time" as a couple